Tagged: , ,

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      lightinthedark
      Participant

Hi, I’m new,
      It’s taken a long time for me to come to terms with how many abusive people I’ve been with or had contact with in my life and I’ve decided to reach out to you lovely people for some clarification. I’m on a very long waiting list for counselling, but until then I desperately need to find a way to clear my head. I need help understanding what things were abusive, and how abusive they were and I’m trying to deal with a lot of (what I think are) PTSD symptoms.
      I know a lot of people say this about their abuse but mine seems very everyday and not so serious compared to most people on here, especially as it’s all in the past it’s just taken me years, and many friend’s horrified reactions, for me to accept it could have been emotional and sexual abuse that I’ve been through. I’m fairly sure it’s all abuse to some degree but so many others have been through far worse.

So bare with me while post a lot to try and make sense of everything going on in my mind, and hopefully I can help out a few people who need support here too.

Thank

LitD

KIP.
      Participant

Hi and welcome. It helped me to read other posts. Also to educate myself on abusive relationships by reading author Lundy Bancroft. ‘Living with the Dominator by Pat Craven. (detail removed by Moderator) Contact your local women’s aid and search out counselling with an expert on domestic abuse. Google cognitive dissonance, trauma bonding, Gaslighting. I had no idea about domestic abuse, I was stuck in survivor mode and even now I find myself reality testing (another one to look up) lol. Most of all surround yourself with supportive people ❤️👍

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content