Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      duvetday
      Participant

I went to see my close friend and her daughter for new year’s. It was a long journey but it was so worth it. Hadn’t seen them for a long time because of both our circumstances meaning we now live far apart. We talked a lot and played a lot and it was lovely. I hope 2018 is a better year. 2017 was possibly the worst year of my life.. but waking up with my friend and kid was a lovely way to start the new year and I’m going to hold onto that when the inevitable crashes and anxiety attacks come on in the coming weeks/months x ♡ x

KIP.
      Participant

That’s fab. Why don’t you arrange another visit and put a date in your diary for another meet up. It’s important we have positive things to look forward to.

duvetday
      Participant

Hi KIP, yep I plan to. We have to try and keep doing the things which help us feel relaxed and happy 🙂 x

SunshineRainflower
      Participant

This sounds lovely Duvetday, it sounds like you are taking positive steps forward and they are really paying off. I agree with KIP get another date booked in the diary with your friend as it sounds like she has a really positive effect on you. I finally managed to catch up with one of my few remaining friends on the phone today and it really lifted my mood, I had forgotten how nice it is to just have a good old chat with a non-judgemental friend. 2017 was also not the best year for me either, pretty much all stemming from getting involved with my ex and it has been hard looking on social media seeing all these women younger than me who are talking about their incredible career successes in the same field as me and happy engagements, I’ve been finding it hard not to feel a bit envious and resentful. But at least this year we have a blank canvas, an opportunity for a fresh start and to create the life we want without an abuser trying to ruin things for us. Wishing you a peaceful and better 2018 ♡

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content