Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Peaceful Pig
      Participant

Hi all
      I’m not really sure whether to post in having a bad day or positive moments, but thought I’d err on the positive side! I had a tough one today. I faced someone (a professional) who caused a great deal of trauma to me back when I went through the court process. I’ve avoided her since out of professionalism and to be kind to myself, but today I met with her and told her clearly the impact her actions had on me (and still are all this time on). I explained why it is so important to act in a way that is trauma-focussed and not make dangerous assumptions. She apologised and accepted my feedback. I don’t feel brilliant as a result as it was triggering and stressful (just before I had a last minute panic and a few years) but I did it anyway and I’m glad I took the opportunity. It’s another hurdle crossed, another fear faced.
      Then I came home to read the latest divorce-related nastiness and remain staggered at the ruthless greed and lack of care for his own children. I feel very sad.
      I made myself homemade face scrubs and facepacks I’ve been meaning to do for a while and had a hot bath. I’m giving myself some love and not letting them bring me down 💞🛀💆

Alicenotichains
      Participant

Well done for taking care of yourself and upping the self-love in the face of a difficult day. You set a good example- self love is so important to help deal with these toxic situations X

lilaclady
      Participant

Well done Peaceful Pig don’t let them bring you down xx

Nova
      Participant

Excellent end to a stressful day PP…hugs, well done you for facing your fears in that situation, and coming through with courage!

I’m inspired by your positivity and care…we all need more love in our lives a little love goes a long way!
      Enjoy the little things in life 🌈

Cx

Serenity
      Participant

Well done, Peaceful Pig.

It can be triggering to express and stand up for yourself, because we got so used to being punished for that. But we can set new boundaries every day, and we shouldn’t be scared to speak up.

I’m glad she apologised.

The divorce related nastiness is just further proof of what you’ve got away from. What use will their lives have been on this earth?

What good will these men have achieved? Nothing.

We can be proud that we have fought for what’s right. That can give us peace of mind.

Well done for restoring yourself with such lovely self care techniques! Homemade face masks are the best! x

Peaceful Pig
      Participant

Thank you all. I know you understand the courage it took to have that conversation. It was a help to read your messages when the inevitable aftershock kicked in and I had to convince myself I had nothing to fear. I’ve never tried the homemade facial thing before, it was brilliant and my skin feels lovely and soft. I had that abusive manager in the office today as well. I’m glad I took the time to care for myself in between so hopefully all the negativity won’t accumulate as it so often does. Thanks for being there xx

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content