Tagged: 

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Strongenough
      Participant

Making some self care steps today. Some gental exercise, picking up some new skincare products, a bubble bath and a bit of a pamper evening planned.

Self care is in and Self doubt is out!

It’s been a difficult few weeks but I’m coming out the other side. No more self punishing, no more using food and alcohol to numb the pain, and bye to the sleeping pills.

Ladies I hope today everyone can do a little something positive for yourself, even if it’s just 1 positive thought that runs through your head to keep you going.

Wishing all on the forum safety, peace and happiness 🌈❀️

Strongenough
      Participant

Thats gentle not gental! I’m aware that could read wrong πŸ™ˆ

nbumblebee
      Participant

Amazing good on you. Exercise has been the one thing that keeps me sane even if its just a walk it help to clear a fuzzy head.
      Ive had a terrible binge eating weekend i usually dont eat at all and i know tomorrow i will go back to starving myself I need to stop using food and self harm to punish myself instead i need to work out some self care routines.
      I love this post Im gonna have a think at what I can do Thank you for sharing. Enjoy xxxxxx

Anonymous
      Inactive

Aw I’m so glad someone has “finally” put something in this section, I’ve been checking on and off for a while and honestly if you’d not pointed out the spelling mistake I never would have noticed it πŸ™‚ also the self doubt is out is a quote should be put on a tshirt, I’m glad you’ve found things that are self esteem boosting (we need those or we might go under) my bad coping mechanisms are gone now too and I feel better for it, things still get dark but I don’t use those any more πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ’πŸ˜™πŸ’•

Hereforhelp
      Participant

I ❀️ this post Strongenough
      Thank you for sharing this… I still use some unhealthy coping mechanisms but am not bearing myself up so much which in turn has stopped me numbing out so much in the evenings.
      I have made our favourite milkshakes for me and kids 😊 we did it together and it was so lovely

StrongLife
      Participant

Self care
      – Relaxing
      – Movies
      – Coffee
      – Netflix
      – Walking/exercising
      – Music
      – Doing nothing

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Β© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions β”‚ Privacy & cookie policy β”‚ Site map β”‚ Protect yourself onlineβ”‚ MediaΒ β”‚Β Jobs β”‚ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content