Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Cosmicasca
      Participant

I recently realised at work that I still haven’t got all of my confidence back. After I left I didn’t have a job and got help from the government with a work confidence person. I got a job soon after, which I have been in for a while now. I noticed in a meeting recently I still am not speaking up the way I used to, and realised to my shock that I had only been like this since him. I had more confidence at work before.
      I am stunned at how deep his isolation went, and I guess I’m just seeking support and advice on this kind of deep healing that I haven’t seen until later when all seems to be ticking along nicely on the surface.

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi Cosmicasca,

Thank you for sharing with us. Abuse can impact all aspects of life and as you have said, sometimes it is not until much later that we see how deep the impact is in different areas of life. I hope it has helped to post to us. Please do keep posting when you are able to.

Best wishes,

Lisa

Cosmicasca
      Participant

Thank you so much Lisa, I have been making some strides since I posted xx

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content