Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      LozzyX
      Participant

So it’s been a horrible couple of.months mainly of regret for allowing myself to be sucked back in

But since returnig some very nasty dark skeletons are now starting to surface .. he has stopped to some.depths lower than i ever thought possible

He’s lied to friends and took them for fools in his aims of getting more money to feed his addiction

But now I have also discovered he “borrowed” a significant sum of money from a relatively young widow and mother… A woman he knew who had her own mental health issues going on following the sudden death of her young husband and father of her kids…and was at a bit infatuated with my husband

He strung her along as a friend and then took money from her

This makes me feel so sick.. I do not recognise the man I married

This is lower than all the other low depths he has gone to in order to extort money from both his family and mine

He isn’t violent so I cannot get a court order to get him out of our home… But he makes things seriously unbearable to stay living under one roof …he is no longer contributing at all to any bills and eats all the food I go out and buy. Seems just so unfair he can be like this and get away with it. Just a truly awful human being

fizzylem
      Participant

Have you spoken to a solictor Lozzy? See if anything can be done to get him out? He’s just a parasite isn’t he, a burdon on society x

LozzyX
      Participant

Hi fizzylem

I spent over £200 on a solicitor and all she could suggest was she sends him a letter but that l really there’s nothing in law I can do other than going to court for divorce.. i used what spare funds I had left …I’m in increasing debt myself

I also contacted the helpline couple times and they said he will never leave so it’s me who has to go … Just hard when don’t know where to go and trying to keep my job going too

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi LozzyX,

Shelterline might be able to help you explore your housing options further. http://www.shelter.org.uk and I know it is frustrating to think of leaving your home and going to a refuge with your children but just remember that it is only temporary, you will be re-homed and have your own lovely space free from abuse. I don’t know who you work for but they might have a domestic abuse policy and be able to help you more than you can imagine so it is always worth being open and honest with them too. Remember that none of this is your fault. He is the one in the wrong.

We are all here for you.

Best wishes,

Lisa
      Forum Moderator

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content