• This topic has 7 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

Even though I have had to move twice to get away from my husband, my mum says I shouldn’t be scared as he is using the legal process to get access to our lo.
      I feel that if I have had to run twice, the chance of him following us if he finds out where we are is highly likely. Am I just being paranoid?

Falling Skys
      Participant

Hi Freedoms

You know your abuser better than anyone, go with your gut feeling.

They are we

Falling Skys
      Participant

Sorry phone went mad..

Abusers will use anyway to control, and in their eyes they do no wrong.

I only got hurt recently because I dropped my guard. (nothing serious) But it proves we know them best.

Stay safe.

FS xx

Hopesprings
      Participant

I suppose it boils down to what you are scared of?

Anonymous
      Inactive

Thanks Hope and Falling,
      I think I am afraid that he is going to follow us, find some way to take lo from me, or even turn the people in my life against me. It all sounds so small and petty, but I’ve had to work d**n hard to rebuild myself and my life and it just feels like I might have built on loose scree or sand, rather than a rock.

Falling Skys
      Participant

Hi freedoms

It’s not small or petty, think of the things he can do and make a plan in your head so you can counter act what he may do. It puts you in the power position. Hopefully you won’t ever need it, but if you do instead of panicking you will use it.

It helps me.

FS xx

Hopesprings
      Participant

Just want to echo the good advice you already have 🙂 good luck xx

Anonymous
      Inactive

Thank you everyone

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content