Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      enofadov
      Participant

So in brief suffered a long emotionally and psychologically abusive marriage lots of coercive sexual acts culminating in a non consensual incident of sex before I left. I’ve been told a couple of times I could report this to the police but never thought it was bad enough or I’d be taken seriously.
      (Detail removed by Moderator) regarding children’s custody, wondering if I should have done this or should still report this event?
      Don’t know if it’s relevant or silly???

It is not silly or irrelevant enofadov. Well done you for posting here.
      The organisation SARSUS may be of us to you. You can google it.
      Also WA.
      Good luck whatever you decide.
      best
      ftc
      x

KIP.
      Participant

Ring the rape Crisis helpline. They will give you clarity and advice. I reported the rapes soon after my ex was arrested and I don’t regret it at all. It ranged from pinning me down rape to coercive control rape. Keeping me awake for hours until I relented just to get some sleep. Or being aggressive and threatening until I relented. Sex without free consent is rape. This includes fear of reprisals if we say no. My ex must have raped me hundreds of times over our relationship. It’s shocking but I always compare his behaviour to the early days of our relationship. He wouldn’t have dared to behave this way. So he knew it was wrong. It may also help you (Detail removed by Moderator). And your reasoning for wanting to limit contact with not only you but your children. It may also help other women who decide to report. It’s a personal choice obviously and it wasn’t easy but my conscience is now clear. He’s the polices problem now.

Ayanna
      Participant

Report it.
      At least it will be documented.
      Most of such cases vanish in thin air, but they are documented.
      If another woman reports the same he is done, even years later.

enofadov
      Participant

Thank you for your advice everyone x*x

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content