Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

My daughter who is primary school age has informed me that she sleeps in Daddy bed with Daddy when she goes to see him. The court aloud visitation to go ahead with his reassurances that she would have her own bed (he has a studio flat). I have challenged him on it before – he denighed it but went to a shop to buy bedding son after. I do think that my daughter may be the one instigating it, but as I have been working with CAMHs to get her to sleep in her own bed at the least its undermining the work that is being done.

What should I do? I don’t want to report any little thing he does. But at the same time I do not think it is appropriate and I have already talked about it with him.

I also dont want to anger him as other than this all has been calmer recently. At the same time I do not think I should let it go

Ayanna
      Participant

Yes, this is a safeguarding issue. x*x

Serenity
      Participant

This is really a significant issue, and no small thing. I think you need to report this. X

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hello Iwanttobreakfree,

Your feelings around this issue are completely right, it is extremely inappropriate and I would advise you speak to someone about it.

If you haven’t already you could speak to the NSPCC child protection helpline who can advise on the best way to go about reporting your concerns. https://www.nspcc.org.uk/services-and-resources/nspcc-helpline/

Best Wishes,

Lisa

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content