Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      I.dont.know.
      Participant

So I received a letter from the solicitors asking me to sign the mortgage over to him. I’ve signed it and returned it.. part of me is thinking that was silly and I should have seeked advice of a solicitor and got my share of cash from the house but all I want is my freedom I don’t want to fight for money and drag everything through a court plus I can’t afford it.

Right now I’m just trying to come to terms with been out of the relationship and having some freedom and trying to heel myself and become a normal person again.

Iwantmeback
      Participant

I did this with my ex husband, i did get some money from pensions he had in place, in know you say you can’t afford the lawyers fees, have you had any advice from WA and their lawyers. To make a decision like this under the mental stress surrounding DA is tantamount to manipulation from his lawyers as much as him. Please contact someone soon. You have put as much Into that house as him, maybe or maybe not financially but you have contributed in some way. on Google abouve the women’s aid site there’s usually a solicitors advertised that deal in DA. The one my local organisation uses is advertised. Good luck.
      IWMB 💕💕

lover of no contact
      Participant

I agree to contact someone soon who could advocate for you. I agree dealing with DA affects our decisions as we just want to be rid of abusers and their pressure.

Write now to the solicitor who you’ve sent the form to and say you’ve changed your mind. Tell him/her you need time to think if this is the right thing for you, that you need to get legal advice first and spend some time thinking do you want to sign over your asset to him completely. Definitely discuss this with a solicitor as soon as possible.

We are allowed change our minds.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content