Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      GrumbleBear
      Participant

Big fallout and now silent treatment. I get the occasional demand or question with complete attitude if it’s something he has to ask, we both chat away to the kids as normal so hopefully they haven’t noticed anything but that’s it. The atmosphere is awful, i feel tense and anxious all the time. No idea when it’s going to end. told a few truths during the argument.

Bananaboat
      Participant

Sorry you’re going through this. He’ll probably just come home one day and talk to you as if nothing has happened and god forbid you try to talk about it. In the meantime can you enjoy some alone time? Watch something in bed, read a book? I used to go up when it was kid’s bedtime and leave him downstairs rather than sit in that awkward heated tension.

Pinkpearl
        Participant

You are not alone. I get this too. Even when he is in the wrong I am made to feel like it’s my fault. I have been desperate for a proper conversation to ask him to leave. In an argument today I told him he should leave. He has been threatening to go for months but keeps quoting (detail removed by Moderator). Then won’t talk to me to discuss how it works (we have kids). (Detail removed by Moderator), he got in his car and went. The ultimate silent treatment, disappearing.

I wish is all good luck. Things can only get better than this right?

Lightning-Jet
      Participant

I am so sorry you are having to deal with this; I know all too well how it feels to be given the silent treatment.

For me; I used to just carry on regardless; doing any housework as normal and just let him sulk. They can say whatever they please – but they will act like a child if we dare to give them any truths.

I know its hard and the tension feels horrible. But on the other hand, he is probably enjoying making you feel awkward. This is what they do.

Have some you time; leave him to it. He’ll soon act like nothing has happened.

Take care; hope you are ok x

LittleRobin
      Participant

Hope you’re ok. The silent treatment is actually so draining. Best thing I found was to try and keep myself busy. They honestly behave like sulky toddlers.

Blue7
      Participant

I am sitting in shock reading all of these responses. It is like I have written them all myself. My ex husband would do this to me too. Sometimes for days at a time. Sometimes it would be something I wasn’t expecting that triggered him and completely out of the Blue. I’d be ignored but he’d still chat away happily to the kids. It was so hurtful.

redred
      Participant

I’d never thought about the silent treatment in this way I thought he just didn’t know how to communicate. It was then really hard to know how to react and I got sick of always trying to think why he felt the way he did. I feel for you

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content