Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Ayanna
      Participant

I have been single since I fled over four years ago and it has been so good for me.
      All I do is focus on myself and my healing.
      I take as much time as I need for everything I do and do not need to explain myself to anybody.
      My place is fully decorated for Christmas. The Christmas tree is just lovely.
      I was not allowed to have a Christmas tree nor any decoration.
      It is wonderful that I can do what I want now.
      My choice of clothes has changed too.
      I am going back to what I liked before.
      Slowly I am becoming me again.
      It takes years though, but I have time now and nobody can interfere in this process. I take care of that.

Iwantmeback
      Participant

What a lovely positive post @Ayanna. Thank you for sharing how you’re life is now to what it was💕 Merry Christmas to you🍾🎄🤶🎅

Halfwayout
      Participant

Sat with a smile on my face, lovely post,this year it was a struggle putting the tree up, but my daughter did it, but im glad she did.
      Enjoy your Christmas💕🎄

KIP.
      Participant

Single too for the same amount of time and loving it. All those worries in the early days stemmed from low self esteem and confidence. No one to hold me back. What adventures we can have when we are freeeeeeee 🎄

Iwantmeback
      Participant

I’m dreaming of the day I too can be free. 🙂

Unsureofwhattodo
      Participant

So lovely to hear. You are an inspiration. Happy holidays to you.

lover of no contact
      Participant

Me too single for (detail removed by moderator) years and loving it. Haven’t even been on a date but have had a crush but over it now thankfully. I’m glad I have the time to focus on my self-care and my goals and developing interests. Someone said the other day that having a man in your life takes up a lot of your time. Lol. I have needed that time over the last few years so being single was a blessing.

Wonderful post for where you’re at Ayanna, thank you for that.

Butterflyboo
      Participant

Me too 🙂 And nowhere near thinking about another relationship just yet – still figuring out who I am after all that has happened.

well done yous. we too have awomen’s Christmas. Daughter doing Christmas tree decorations.
      all best
      ftc
      x

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content