Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Suntree
      Participant

Last night I went to tuck them in, they looked so peaceful, I almost wanted to take a photo but knowing the flash would disturb them I refrained.

As I stand in the hallway there is a proud glow and a peace that comes from knowing they are safe in their beds.
      They are warm and comfy and will stay that way all night.

And I never, ever have to sneak into them without “him” knowing to say goodnight, hoping he doesn’t catch me.
      Or that sometime during the night he would go in move the covers so they would walk up freezing and sore.

The simple things.

Serenity
      Participant

Would he really go in and move their covers, Suntree?

Suntree
        Participant

Serenity yes.

Ayanna
      Participant

Yes, it is important to make yourself aware how good your life is now that he is out. It helps with the healing. XX

KIP.
      Participant

Good riddance to bad rubbish 👍

Serenity
      Participant

Sun tree, he sounds so awful. Like my ex, cruel to his own kids. How can they be so sick?

We should be celebrating being free. I still haven’t had a divorce party!

Suntree
        Participant

I think divorce parties are when we feel free, unfortunately that is something that doesn’t just happen with a divorce coming through. And by then we are exhausted.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content