Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Poodlepower
      Participant

OK, this is s bit convoluted, so please excuse me if I ramble!

My partner took his own life , after which I reported his family to the police for their abuse of him.
      Since then, his family have made attempts to “get to me” including telling me that there was a suicide note.
      I very clearly told them not to contact me and under no circumstances would I be reading the suicide note.

Since then, I’ve had a letter to my home, asking questions I can’t answer (Detail removed by Moderator) All very upsetting. He was arrested for assaulting me , so I don’t have the answers to this
      Also, my parents have had calls from my old mobile. My partner took this away from me (Detail removed by Moderator), and it’s not in the house. I can only assume that he took it wit him and his family now have it as they got his possessions.

(Detail removed by Moderator) sent me a screen shot of the suicide note as (Detail removed by Moderator) message request. I tried to delete it but unfortunately got a glimpse before I clicked it off.

I was doing really well, back at work and feeling a bit more like my old self. Now I feel like I’ve been dragged backwards. I’m so angry and upset, in tears.

Can the family be stopped from contacting me? I told the police about the letter but all they said was “it doesn’t sound malicious”

KIP.
      Participant

Yes they absolutely can be stopped from contacting you. Putting you in a state of fear and distress is a crime. Contacting you after you have told someone not to contact you is a crime. There are stalking and harassment laws especially as you are a witness. Contact victim support for advice. You can ask about non molestation orders through the civil court but I would insist the police act. It doesn’t matter if it’s malicious. Who are they to decide if that is the case. The bottom line is they have been told not to contact you and the contact continues.

Poodlepower
      Participant

Thank you Kip

I unblocked his (Detail removed by Moderator) so I could send a (Detail removed by Moderator) and she wrote a nasty reply.
      I was very clear and said that any further contact was harassment so at least they can’t say that I haven’t asked to be left alone.

KIP.
      Participant

Well done x

Poodlepower
      Participant

(detail removed by moderator)
      And as for not knowing… his mother messaged me just after his death to say that she knew but did nothing as he said he’d lull himself if she did.
      Well, he’s killed himself now. Why not report it ? Because she knew all along, as he suspected. No wonder they’re panicking.

KIP.
      Participant

I think you’re doing great. You’ve been really brave in reporting his abuse and theirs. Abuse thrives on silence. I’m surprised they are not being charged with interfering with a witness. You’re right about them panicking. Trust your gut and stay safe x

Poodlepower
      Participant

Thank you Kip xx

I’m very very upset that they’ve chosen to harass close family members to get to me.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content