Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Inneedofsomepeace
      Participant

I feel so angry right now! They had hoped for an answer from the cps before he is released from prison, however, they have messed about for so long that now they have to wait for him to come out so they can speak to him and give him a bail date in order to send the file to the cps! In effect they have left it that long since they first arrested him they need to rearrest him!! I am so angry this has been going on for months! And the DC has told me that the problem is when it was all first reported they separated the rape from all the other charges if they hadn’t done this it could all have been dealt with.

It makes me so cross, I want to be able to think of myself as a survivor, but it still so much feels like I’m still a victim in survival mode! It feel everyway I turn I’m the one being punished! And he is locked up but still thinks he can control the situation, thinks he can still control me! He refused to sign the divorce petition, what other reason could he have other than to try and control me? Because he can’t really think I would go back could he? Thankfully the solicitor had them served to him in prison and even then he had the b****y nerve to be emotional! I want to think that being in prison has made him learn his lesson but I really don’t think he has not with the stunt of not signing the papers.

I don’t know if it’s stress but my anxiety is increasing so much, last week we hardly left the house and spoke to know one other than to do safe and well check’s. This week we have had to go out as school is back, so I am leaving the house but only to do school runs.

Sorry if this is all over the place I needed to type as I pondered everything.

Ayanna
      Participant

Similar happened to me. The rape was separate and it was never dealt with in the end, because they put too much pressure on me and were not keen to press charges.

When you are separated for two years you can get divorced without his permission.

Of course does all the stress increase your anxiety. This system is such a joke.
      Hang in there! Things will improve. It just takes long. x*x

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content