Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Missnobody
      Participant

I haven’t posted in quite a long time. I’m not sure why, probably denial and that little voice telling me I should give him another chance.
      Anyway, I’m really struggling at the minute because I don’t think he’s been abusive for a while now. I know it sounds typical of someone in my situation but basically we had an incident a few months ago and I left. Obviously I came back but I think that now he’s being very careful how he acts towards me. The thing is, these blokes can’t hide it all of the time, it shows itself now and again and is just enough to remind you that things haven’t changed really. An example is I went to a friend’s house a few days ago and we ordered (Detail removed by Moderator). He texted me every 20 or so minutes…didn’t say anything bad, just a gentle reminder he was there (I don’t normally go anywhere ever). I got home and he was quiet for a while, I knew something was coming, and he just turned to me and said (Detail removed by Moderator) – he just couldn’t help himself. He also threw in a little guilt trip as apparently my daughter had been crying for me but (Detail removed by Moderator)…father of the year.
      I’m waffling on a bit but my problem is I feel like I can’t remember what he’s done. I can’t remember why things happened, what he said, what he did, and so it’s confusing the hell out of me.
      Maybe I imagined it all…

Iwantmeback
      Participant

Hello Missnobody, welcone bavk. You sound so lost and i can really feel how confused you are. 😔 it’s good that you’ve reached out, i want to hug you and say it’ll be alright. It will be my love, you just need to believe in yourself again, believe you can leave again, believe life is more than what we have with them. Start journaling his behaviour again, time and date it. Remember being unhappy is reason enough to leave a relationship. We don’t have to stay in order fir them to be happy and not us. Have you got in touch with your local WA yet. They are always there for you as we are. Take comfort in knowing that you’ve done it before and with time and support you will do it again.
      IWMB 💕💕

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content