Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

Really long day at work as has other half. He got back earlier than me got both boys and but littlest to bed. I’ve come in and sorted out eldests homework etc got him to bed whilst other half chills out. Then I was cold and tired, I ran a bath- he came to me all angry saying ‘why are you not doing dinner’ so I said I haven’t thought about it I’m just cold, why don’t you get some food? He says he is really tired because of working nights and he thought I would look after him- I pointed out there was a meal in the fridge which I cooked but that’s not good enough because he wants me to make it and sit with him. Apparently I don’t make him feel loved and he thought I would say well done for being on nights and take real care of him. I am cold towards him because I don’t like how he has treated me so I wonder in these situations if he is unreasonable or if it is me because my heart isn’t in it??? Has he got a point- if I was a happy wife of probably do lots of nice things knowing he was tired…I’ve just locked myself in the bathroom.

Starmoon
      Participant

Sorry no one has gotten back to you sooner. It’s a vicious circle that I can relate to. My (now ex) would ask me why I was always miserable and why my body language made him feel like I was unhappy. So Id wonder why I was unhappy, try to put on a fake smile and show more love. I thought I must be such a misery by nature or something… But no- he made me unhappy, the constant rule changing, leaving me, snapping and many other reasons. xx

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content