Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

Hi everyone,

I’ve had a really hard few days. This week was supposed to be a (detail removed by Moderator), but instead I am instructing solicitors to continue my divorce process on my behalf as my ex is still trying to manipulate me. His latest communication has sent me back into that spiral of self doubt and wondering whether I’ve just overinterpreted his behaviour even though everyone I’ve talked to says that he has abused me and that I’d have a good criminal case against him if I wanted to go down that route. I went to bed last night feeling so, so low, and now this morning I feel utterly beside myself. Haven’t felt this bad for a couple of weeks. How can I not see things as clearly as all my friends and family do?

KIP.
      Participant

You will see things clearly in time. Try to go total no contact and my advice would be to follow the criminal route if you can. I’m so glad i did but at the time it was the hardest thing ever. No contact saved my life. Are you in touch with your local Women’s Aid? They were great. Stay strong. Make a plan of what you want when you’re feeling stronger and stick to it. Mine was to hold him accountable criminally, get my house in the divorce and never see him again. Still working on it but my goal is getting closer❤️
      It’s an emotional rollercoaster. These low feelings will pass. They always do. Enjoy the highs when they come too x

No contact saved my life too, it’s not easy & some days really hard but it is the right thing, there is a lot of help & resources available on here to get you through 👍👍👍👍👍👍👍

Ribbon
      Participant

Hi
      I am in the same situation as you it’s a very emotionally draining situation to be in. I think because well with my ex partner he could and can be so extreme towards me. He’s either really really lovely ( which makes it harder) or extremely nasty and abusive towards me ( which makes me understand why I am leaving him).
      But being on this forum and listening to other stories helps me and brings comfort that I am not alone x

Thank you – I hadn’t thought enough about no contact but you all suggesting it has made me more resolved to do it. I have a meeting with a lawyer next week. it still feels so brutal, especially as he sent me a friendly email today, but I suppose that is him manipulating me again.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content