Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Confused123
      Participant

Hi ladies

with everything going on in my life im just so tired, i know we have to keep pushing ourselves so suppose just having a rant , i suppose always knew id reach burn out point , think its just hit me. All i want to do is sleep and to be honest thats all i do soon as i finish work , cant be asked with gym, studies or work progression. I know am wasting so much of my own time with this negative energy , just hoping all the sleep will help me catch up on my energy and get me back to positive mode. Suppose just writing for advice. As you know my youngest is in contact with his dad, its funny how when u dont pressure them to talk they just tell u themselves when they are ready, my son has told me he keeps contact bare minimum with his dad and is just finding his dad energy so negative and depressing, he talks to me how he cant feel sorry for his dad as he is in the boat he is in cause of his actions, dad still seems to be annoyed when not updated about certain things but my son just calmly replies not really in my control, his blateness cracks me up. I know my son worries about me , but he also knows i have good control of things , just dont want to neglect him just cause of build up of problems going on in my life , all i know is im so tired , dont even know if my post makes sense

SunshineRainflower
      Participant

Hi Confused,

Hang in there. I know how you feel with the exhaustion. Can you plan some pampering for yourself? It sounds like you have been pushing yourself hard and are now giving yourself a hard time for being tired. If you need to rest then that’s ok. I feel the same this week, am in a lot of pain with headaches and its frustrating as I have lots to do, but I finally booked a massage on the advice of a dr and I’m hoping that will help. If we are exhausted and ill we can’t function so self care has to come first. xx

Confused123
      Participant

hey hun

feel like am fighting against time, no sadly no money for pamper treats, bubble bath soak is best as it gets or just sleeping but am tryign to gain more energy so be bit more of a decent mum

Amaguq
      Participant

Hi Confused,
      Huggggggssssss I do hope you get sometime to rest and re-engergise.
      Our bodies can only tolerate so much, it is important we try to listen to what our bodies are telling us, if very tired, sleep, if/when you can.

By the way, give yourself a pat on the back, your son sounds wonderful <3

Take care xx

SunshineRainflower
      Participant

When you get that time racing past feeling, I find the best thing is to just stop. Have you tried meditation? I try to do it a few times a week and it definitely helps.

A bubble soak is always good, works wonders. What about painting your nails, making yourself a nice breakfast, going for a stroll in the park on a sunny day, that kind of thing? Free or very cheap things that can make a big difference. The other day I went to the local park and collected leaves, acorns and conkers just for fun. I love the seasons and being in the park surrounded by nature felt very calming and uplifting, I chatted to a few dogs and their owners too 🙂

Hope you feel better soon xx

Serenity
      Participant

Hi Confused,

I’m no stranger to exhaustion, thanks to having chronic fatigue syndrome ( I am sure due to the abuse).

I ignored the warning signs my body was giving me and kept going and reached total burnout. When I say total burnout, it was total. My vision was affected, etc.

I would like to say to you, in hindsight, please listen to your body.

The gym can wait another week. The essay can be given in a bit later if you ask for an extension.

What’s most important is listening to your body.

I don’t necessarily agree with people who tell us to live life at 100 miles an hour and grab life with both hands after the abuse, simply because we aren’t always up to living life at that pace after abuse. Apart from dealing with ongoing control from out abuser, the previous abuse has taken its toll. Sometimes, we might feel full of passion and energy and make big leaps forward; at other times, we need to cocoon ourselves and wrap ourselves up in a metaphorical blanket. We don’t need to explain it justify it- we just need to listen to our body.

Autumn is a wonderful time to get cosy. Treat yourself to a few things to help you feel comfortable.

Years ago, I bought a book called ‘Simple Abundance’ by Sara Ban Breathnach. I’ve loved that book since the day I had it: it was my life bible in times of stress. I used to dip into it during my marriage. I think my ex hated me reading it: it signified me trying to take care of myself, lol!

You can still get it online, maybe on Amazon.

Look up online the concept ‘hygge’ that’s going around right now. It’s about how you can comfort yourself through doing simple things.

Follow your own rhythm, no one else’s. We’ve all been through the mill: we need to be extra kind to ourselves.

jackjack
      Participant

To echo another here – listen to your own rhythm. If you need to rest. REST. your body and mind clearly need it.
      I was opposite -I wanted to do everything and anything all at once and I have thrived and achieved a lot BUT I can now feel the affects after 20 months. I am stopping myself more to SIT DOWN and EAT and just blooming BREATHE.
      I did that today in fact.

As for money – sometimes the best things in life can be free. I know its a bit twee…but its true. To gain more positivity make sure you are surrounded by positive people and listen to more music -turn of the news. And BREATHE – deeply – into your belly and out through your mouth. Feel it nourishing you.
      Find treasure every day – pick three things that have amazed, inspired or made you curious. Write it down in a note book.

YOU ARE SPECIAL AND AMAZING! WE ALL ARE! WE SURVIVE AND WE THRIVE
      Much love to us all! BE kind to your self.

Confused123
      Participant

Hi

sorry fro late replies, yes ive decided just to take a break for two weeks from gym and studying , last thing i need is for me to fall ill

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content