• This topic has 7 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by KIP..
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Blue20
      Participant

(Detail removed by moderator) I found the ‘lads’ group chat on his phone… I was sat next to him and my university work pops up turns out him and his friends and sticking their faces on my work making a mockery. We were out (detail removed by moderator) so I calmly asked him to (detail removed by moderator). I spoke to him and it instantly was turned on me they I am overreacting, it’s not you they are mocking it’s me and inside joke. This quickly escalated he’s pushing and shoving me around the house telling me to slap him? And that all this is because of me and the neighbours will be able to hear how much of a physico I am. I have caused this. I kept my distance and he soon calmed down expecting me to make him tea. I didn’t speak to him all night but he was trying to suck up to me and act like nothing had happened. This morning I have woken up with bruises on my arm from where he was pushing me. All day I kept my distance again, but we needed to go and get the shopping which was hard for me as I really did not want to be near him. We get back from shopping. I had a few urgent emails to catch up on for work but like me I always try juggle tasks, so I asked if he could help put the shopping away with me. I hit my head on the (detail removed by moderator).. well that hurt a lot!!! He just stood laughing at me (detail removed by moderator) I clearly was not ok. I removed myself from the situation but this soon developed into an argument. Why was I working whilst he was the one putting the shopping away how dare I leave him to it. Next minute he’s throwing things at the floor and at me lashing out telling me how my job is nothing and that it’s all me that causes these out breaks. I am not Currently in the bathroom and I don’t know what to do anymore.
      I am finding this moment in time very hard being in ‘lockdown’ with the current virus so it’s just me and him in the house and I feel I cannot escape him.

Blue20
      Participant

I was meant to put * I am currently in the bathroom *

hop
      Participant

Oh honey, I don’t know what to say. Stay as safe as you can and if you can’t call the police to have him removed. If you call 99955 they can come out to you without you having to say anything. Please just do it if the shoving escalates, or you feel like you’re in danger. Nobody should have to live like this 💖

Kitkat44
      Participant

Easier to say than do but please call the police if he is frightening you. Xx

HopeLifeJoy
      Participant

Sending you strength. You’re right by not engaging in his non sense. He’s getting physical. Pls keep safe. Keep your phone on you all the time. Consider calling the police using the silent call option as FF said. You deserve to be safe.

Blue20
      Participant

Thank you all ❤️

He’s so so sorry and is acting like everything is okay but I am still left with the hurt and wondering when he will lash out again at me. Why can’t he see how much it is hurting me and affecting me? I just want him to change but I feel he’s become more aggressive since we moved in together. It’s making me feel like I am the burden on him. Why does it feel like I am walking on egg shells. He’s meant to love me and be there for me. I don’t want to be near him and I feel like I am just going around in circles and i feel weak for forgiving him. He’s pushing me away I can’t love him when it’s like this. When will this end 😭

HunkyDory
      Participant

Hi Blue, it will end when you’re away from this horrible abuser. He will keep going around in circles, abusing you then being all nice to reel you back in, make you doubt yourself and keep you utterly confused. Now we are living in these strange times and women are cooped up with their abusers, domestic violence is sadly on the increase.

Are you able to get out for a walk without him and try to contact women’s aid or the police? Be very careful as it’s a dangerous time leaving a relationship like this and things could escalate.

Take care and keep posting here xxhdxx

KIP.
      Participant

He know exactly what he’s doing. He knows how it makes you feel and he thrives off it. He chooses to behave this way.its absolutely nothing you are doing. He will just keep changing the goal posts to further hurt you. Sadly he’s just a rotten person who likes to hurt intimate partners. Read Living with the Dominator by Pat Craven. Try to make a safe exit plan. Do you have family you could stay with?

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content