Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      readytogetbetter
      Participant

I nearly killed myself last night because I just couldn’t stand it anymore.
      I phoned Samaritans but there was no answer.
      I escaped a few years ago but now because of dumb contact he is still being allowed to make my life hell.
      Last night I hit the breaking point. I just couldn’t face a moment further. Family court need sorting themselves out. This is what their idiocy is doing to women like me but they will not listen. I have support sorted out and will be seeing someone later today. I just needed to vent about it really.

KIP.
      Participant

Sorry to hear you got so low. I’ve contemplated suicide but I would not give him the satisfaction. I can imagine him telling everyone, see I told you she was crazy. Glad youve got support sorted. The helpline number on here is 24 hours and they are really good. Try to remember you are playing the long game. One day at a time. Sending you a big hug 🤗. Good luck for today and keep posting. Things really do get easier in time, we gather strength although I don’t know how or where it comes from. I suspect we are strong to have survived in the first place ✊

readytogetbetter
      Participant

Thank you. I’m glad I made it through last night.
      With the abuse still ongoing from him, sometimes I just can’t stand it anymore. Most of the time I manage to block it out. I’ve told the police but even they can’t do anything to change the court order.
      So I’m stuck with being punished with being abused for life. It makes me feel so defeated knowing I got out, I was free, then idiot family court decided that I have to have this perpetrator in my life all over again.
      As long as they are making such stupid decisions there’s no hope.

Lisa
        Main Moderator

Hi readytogetbetter,

I’m sorry to hear you are feeling low. Perpetrators use the family court process to continue the abuse, it is understandable you felt trapped. I’m glad you have support in place. You deserve to have somewhere to vent this to.

Best Wishes,

Lisa

readytogetbetter
      Participant

Thank you Lisa.
      It’s a terrible life sentence family court have lumbered me with, but today I’ve made it. I’m still alive I’m still here.
      I shouldn’t have to go through any of it. But it is what it is. Last night I was sobbing and sobbing like a baby on the floor.
      But to family court none of this matters. My feelings don’t matter. They’re all about giving perpetrators all the access they need to carry on their abuse.
      I’m sorry to sound negative, but I am literally living in a hell which I made the effort to escape. All thanks to them.

Lisa
        Main Moderator

Hi readytogetbetter,

I am glad you made it and you are still here. What kind of support do you have at the moment? Its important you don’t take this on by yourself.

If you haven’t already you could speak to Coram Children’s Legal Centre on 0300 330 5480. They can advise on areas of Child Law.

Rights of Women also published guidelines around Practice Direction 12j. This is what the family court should be following if there are allegations of domestic abuse.

Take care and keep posting

Best Wishes,

Lisa

readytogetbetter
      Participant

Thank you Lisa that’s really useful information. I’m just popping in to let you all know I’m okay.
      I’ve been in touch with professionals today and am feeling better.
      Thank you all for being there for me x

KIP.
      Participant

Glad you’ve got your fighting spirit back. Please report how contact is making you feel tomyour GP. Tell her you feel suicidal because of his continued contact and abuse and that it’s badly affecting your mental health. It’s important that you document this. It may be useful if you get the opportunity to prevent direct contact with yourself in future. Hang in there x

readytogetbetter
      Participant

Thank you Kip. Thank you for being so kind and supportive x

Hey lovely,
      just wanted to say maybe it is good that you cried.
      It shows you are working through your feelings about this, very, very bravely indeed.
      I am so glad you are still here. I think sometimes bolshie wins through. I never wanted to to myself as I was so bolshie, thought…no way perpetrator is going to win.
      It worked for me…
      ftc
      x

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content