Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      BlueDaisy
      Participant

Hi all.

I’m moving out of my partners house and due to having no savings or a regular income I need to apply for social housing.
      A friend has told me that if I leave the family home without reporting abuse to an authority I will be classed as intentionally homeless and am less likely to get help, is that true? There’s no way I’m going to the police, it will just make things 100x worse! I just want out.
      I can’t go to a refuge or temporary accommodation because my son has ASD and the constant changing will really affect him.
      Has anyone got any advice?
      Thanks.

Lavenderrose
      Participant

Have you tried calling Shelter? They were extremely helpful to me and gave good advice. I will be calling them again myself as when I spoke with my local council they were less than helpful.
      Sorry I am new to all this myself and just muddling my way through it all x

fizzylem
      Participant

It depends what is available to you and to anyone in your area, either they have something or they don’t, quite often there is a wait and folk get priority based on their situation.

I would call the WA helpline or contact your local domestic abuse charity, as they will have more accurate, area specific knowledge on the housing situation.

We moved in with a parent and are classed as homeless, it is acknowledged by the council that this is temporary but I decided not to take it any further, I’ve sorted it another way. I didn’t try to get pushed up the list with the DA, but I have read on here that the DA support worker can support an application, but I dont know what needs to happen, if you need police reports or what? They will be able to give you the best advice x

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content