Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Chocolatebunnie
      Participant

He’s being reported for past abuse and current towards our children

Emotional and physical

Any advice would be appreciated

I’ve separated but he’s not taking seriously and still living with us.

I haven’t approached him leaving as I’m scared to. But will do this as soon as I am able.

Bananaboat
      Participant

My experience was social services contacted me, arranged a visit, discussed all the support and options, met my eldest alone upstairs and looked around the house. I was given the choice of whether to use them or not, I chose not to but they did explain that could be overridden if they felt kids were at risk. Was told I could contact them if changed my mind. It was all very supportive but it’s one of those departments you fear the worse with isn’t it.

Chocolatebunnie
      Participant

Thanks bananaboat that’s helpful, I guessed that it would work like this, this is our (detail removed by moderator) time being flagged they weren’t interested before and only had a phone call so will have to wait and see how it all goes.

Just worrying when you hear peoples bad experiences but you do hear good too.

Watersprite
      Participant

I understand the worry and peoples experiences are different but Honestly – it was the best thing that happened to us they saved my life and helped me safeguard my children. That said I worked hard and worked with them. I hope you have good support from them and feel ready to engage. Keep posting you are not alone xx

Chocolatebunnie
      Participant

Watersprite needed to read this, stomachs in knots right now, thank you x*x

Chocolatebunnie
      Participant

Was unclear if first report to ss had been done. My WA support worker decided to make one herself this way she’s is involved and can help liaise l. Making sure the situation is fully understood.

It’s scary but hopefully going in a direction that makes things right for my kids and I

Still scared and incredibly guilty regardless

Still numb and not really excepting what we’ve been through, wonder if I ever will. Looking forward to being able to be reee and start to heal

Chocolatebunnie
      Participant

Only able to help if physical abuse leaves a mark.

Can only assess if my husband is told why it’s necessary and where referrals come from.

They will contact school to let them know there’s tension at home and to request a person that children can confide in

Back to local WA support worker.

Looking into occupational order

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content