Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Losingbattle
      Participant

Due to my complaint and us having kids social services have got involved. I feel so anxious at the thought of seeing them. They want to speak to my older children (to a previous relationship) and they want to see the steps I’m taking to keep my younger children safe. They’ve mentioned getting my ex help with his drinking and anger issues which I don’t think he’d go for. I’m scared of how hes going to react once they do contact him. On a plus side, my older kids dad did tell the social worker how much of a great mum I am and that the problem isn’t me it’s my ex.

Watersprite
      Participant

Hi Losingbattle it’s normal to feel anxious about that especially when so much is going on. All I can speak of is our experiences we have had lots of social services input as all v high risk but I always was open and worked with them and they have helped us find safety and continue to keep us safe. Without them they story may have ended for us. Now me and kids all have a chance to write the next chapter and change the ending. I would say if you are keeping your children safe away from an abuser and the older children and their dad is positive you shouldn’t have anything to worry about and in fact may find them incredible support. I really hope so. Breathe x

Losingbattle
      Participant

So the social worker came for a visit. Spoke to the kids. But my youngest was with his dad. She wasn’t happy about this after receiving all the information. She made me go collect my son from his dad. He wasn’t happy. Threatening to take me to court. Threatening to get kids from me and make stuff up to the social worker to make me look bad. Was my birthday (detail removed by moderator) too.what a birthday

Watersprite
      Participant

Good! She is helping you to protect your child – services are now aware. Threats – same old … it’s all he has now. You hold the power now. Stay safe – keep moving forwards for yourself and your children x AND Happy Birthday ! You deserve many happier ones in your future x

Losingbattle
      Participant

Its just the fact that hes willing to make things up in retaliation. When all they want is to see that he needs help with his drinking as that’s their biggest concern. My previous partner who I have my oldest children to has clearly stated that I’m a good mum and he has no issues with me. So what exactly does my husband think he can say against me. If he agrees to social workers terms he can see them over Christmas but if he doesn’t and puts up a fight he won’t. And that’s out of my hands. He doesn’t see the bigger picture and what is best for the kids

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content