Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Greented99
      Participant

“You are entitled to feel angry about the way someone treats you. You have a right to express that”

It was an eye opener. After years of any reaction other than none at all resulting in me being called controlling and abusive, it dawned on me that this statement is in fact true. Ive been on a downward spiral for the last few weeks cause i felt like such a failure that i felt anger, no its NORMAL and APPROPRIATE after everything he has done.

I feel quite liberated by it, i hope it helps someone else roo.

Hazydayz
      Participant

Hi Greented. Thanks for bringing this to our attention. That’s a very positive statement you posted & I agree. We spend so long just trying to avoid conflict that we push our anger emotion down & down for our safety, but things need to come out! It’s like an eruption through a capped bottle neck that’s released when we eventually let out our suppressed anger isn’t it. But it is very healing and essential for our mental health! Beneficial to our self preservation in the end. 💞

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content