Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Eyesopening
      Participant

Incase any of you are also experiencing incessant dreams of their experience. This makes alot of sense and reassured me that my body is healing in the right way and this is just a process i need to go through.
      Also the later you eat the more REM you will be in as your body works to digest, I ate late last night and had so much vivid dreams. I wont be doing that again.

This is from Medical Medium:

‘When we’re awake, we’re not supposed to be breaking down the walls of our emotional hurt. When we are wounded, a physical component in the brain puts up a barrier to prevent us from constantly processing and reprocessing the pain, so that we can be productive and move forward during our waking hours. They’re not walls of denial; they’re walls of divine protection. While some conscious processing is healthy and necessary, it’s not meant to haunt us.

The time to process that pain is in our sleep. When we’re not conscious, the emotional walls come down so the soul can do its cleanup and repair work. This means that all sorts of difficult emotions get stirred up, and they work themselves out through our dreams. If this didn’t happen, frustration, anger, fear, betrayal, guilt, and humiliation would build up and up and up within us until they overpowered the strength of the walls holding them in place and took over our waking lives. Instead, our dreams release them. ‘

Wakemeup
      Participant

Water is also cleansing this includes tears so cry when you need to! If you have people to talk to let it out.

Eyesopening
        Participant

Hey, yes I cry when it comes, I had a day last week when I cried alot. But it doesn’t happen so much anymore..
        I have fully told only 4 people, my brother, my therapist (but now the 6 free sessions are over) my outreach support worker and a family friend. I do not want to talk about it or really feel the need much anymore. When I wanted to talk I talked to these people. Previously I tried telling friends but was never believed.
        People mean well, but it doesn’t help me much talking to people who do not understand abuse.
        I love water, I am having baths overnight.
        xx

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content