Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      BeautyMarked
      Participant

I don’t really understand how these things work so forgive me if I’m being docile. I’ve come across something and I don’t quite know what to make if it. When I type (detail removed by moderator) followed by his name into google and click on images a website comes up called (detail removed by moderator) with a picture of him! So I click on it and it takes me to a page of somebody who is much older and using a similar name. If I scroll down I see in the also known as section his name but in revere order as well as things related to my abuser (detail removed by moderator) I’m guessing it’s nothing bad on his part and that it’s somebody else using his identity? It’s very odd and I don’t know what to make if it if anything at all. It just gave me a bit of a shock. Has anyone experienced anything like this or understands what this could be about? I wouldn’t have found it at all if I wasn’t at such a low ebb. It’s freaked me out enough for now to snap myself out of it for a bit at least!

fizzylem
      Participant

Someone with the same name?

Glad it’s snapped you out of it; problem with these types of searches is we sometimes find stuff we dont want to see, someone posted on here the other day she found a pic of him holding a baby, understandably this sent her into a spin. It really is better to not know hey – ignorance is bliss. I would try to view this as a lucky escape this time, a warning maybe. Try to change the focus, make what you do about you x

Fudgecake
      Participant

Do we ever truly know someone?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content