Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      Inneedofsomepeace
      Participant

After so long of waiting for cps decisions they have decided not to charge him. I feel so lost angry upset and numb all at the same time. He raped me time and time again how can they not charge him.

I feel so violated and dirty. How can it be ok for him to do what he did to me.

KIP.
      Participant

Please don’t think it’s anything you have done. Sometimes there is just not enough evidence. However, your bravery in speaking up may help other women who report him or have reported him. Your statement will be kept now and could be used as corroboration. I know it won’t be much comfort just now. The other thing is to speak to victim support. You have the right to ask for a review of the decision not to prosecute. Sometimes a fresh prosecutor looking at the case can see it in a different light. It’s upto you. I went through reporting my ex for the same thing. I know he’s done it to other women and I wish more women had the courage to speak up for the sake of future victims so well done to you ❤️ Take some time now for your emotions to settle. I think there is a time limit on the right to review the decision, victim support or the police officer dealing with your case might be able to tell you more about it. Don’t let them put you off if you choose to go down that route. If anything it will put him under stress again waiting for a second decision.

Herindoors
      Participant

So sorry to hear that inneedofsomepeace. You do not have the justice you deserve but as KIP says you have done the right thing in reporting it. He knows you are strong and will stand up to him and it could help other women in the future. I hope in the future you feel proud of yourself because you should xx

Peaceful Pig
      Participant

I really feel for you, that is devastating news after you being so brave. You have every right to feel very angry. It is NOT ok for him to have raped you and this decision by the CPS doesn’t mean they think it’s OK either, it’s about evidence as KIP has said. Are you getting any support from an ISVA or rape crisis? Take as much support as you can as you recover from this shock. You did the right thing, we all have the right to stand up and say no to these horrible abusers. They are the dirty ones, not us. Sending safe hugs to you x*x

Falling Skys
      Participant

Hi and hugs

We know, you know, he knows that he raped you and you have said to others. What they did to us was behind closed doors and now no evedance so its hard to build a case.

I will report when I am in a safe place, part of me expects it to go no further, but it will be my closure to say it was wrong.

I am so so proud hold your head high you are a survivor.

FS xx

Inneedofsomepeace
      Participant

Thank you for your support. I so much appreciate it. I have had non from anywhere else.

So can i ask them to look again at the file? And who would i ask

KIP.
      Participant

Victim support helped me with the right to review the decision not to prosecute. I will personal message you.

Inneedofsomepeace
      Participant

Thank you kip

Anonymous
      Inactive

I’m so sorry that your ex has been able to get away without a prosecution. I do hope that you are able to get this decision reviewed. Picking yourself up again is really hard, but it is possible.

Confused123
      Participant

HI HUn

The outcome can be devasting when they get a way, but u know what u should be proud of yourself for reporting him, ask if you can appeal, and even if u cant u won by standing up to him and willbe on his record now too should he do again , take time to take care of yourself

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content