Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Eve1
      Participant

I’ve just had an appointment with the work programme, different man to who I usually use and this one was a bully. But I stood my ground and I’m pleased with myself. He’s given me information about working from home and I’ve looked into and no one had contacted me. He was trying to tell me that he haf given me a list of other things to look at when be hadn’t. I’ve spoken to this man before and he wasn’t like that. I was in a room with him on his own and it was obviously a tactic.

Bit proud of myself though.

Eve
      x

Serenity
      Participant

It’s amazing how we can spot them now: and even more amazing how we can sometimes stand up to them in the situation!

I’m getting better at that too!

Xxxx

godschild
        Participant

Well done Eve, I find since I have really acknowleged my abuse I stand up to people a lot more but also I get angry very easily with people as well

Ayanna
      Participant

I have such experiences as well. When we are alone with these people they become abusive. I also have such an experience with a WA rep in a 1:1 meeting. I never have 1:1 with anybody ever again.

godschild
        Participant

Did you have a bad experience with a WA worker then Ayanna, I have to change mine after next week and Im not looking forward to it the one I have has been very good, but she announced this week that she is leaving them at the end of the month and im very apprenhensive about a new one, had so many people make things worse for me the past few months, dont’ feel I can take another one , I feel so fragile, Arte you feeling any better today, have been thinking of you.
        I get like you if people treat me wrongly, I either get very angry or fall to pieces.
        I also make complaints as well in fact my “Husband ” has a go at me if I do ,he says they must have a star on my notes as a complainer and he thinks poeple can do or say anything or treat me badly and its fine, but I do complain now, it is neccesary and most people I have made complaints to have been very understanding and agreed that I have been treated wrongly, these are the complaints depts not the actual person, but often when it gets to the higher up people their response is to fob you off with an apology

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content