Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Wannaletgo
      Participant

Or rather, I was here when I first left my ex. After finding it super helpful and moving away, starting again, having a bit of a breakdown and being diagnosed with PTSD, I kinda thought I was all good. However, we are nearing the anniversary and again, I’m struggling. I thought that after a few years, the anniversary wouldn’t be so bad…?

KIP.
      Participant

Hey there, have you received counselling? It took me several years to work through the triggers and even now I’m caught out with a smell of aftershave or heavy footsteps but I’ve learned coping techniques and ways to move past these triggers quickly. I was decades with my abuser so I guess it’s decades of programming that needs rebooted time and time again. Be very patient and kind to yourself. The Body Keeps The Score is a good book about trauma.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content