Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Worrywart
      Participant

hi all haven’t been on here for a while, still trying to make sense of it all really …there is a question i would like to ask just to see if anyone else has had this happen to them just before we split up i was getting funeral plans through the post, it was like i applied for it had fabricated bank details for direct debit it was as if i applied for them and got the plan sorted ready to start payments ect they were not my bank details thank goodness ….it was not just once this happened it was a couple of times from different companies also it was not my proper surname a couple of letters were changed ..ive looked online to see if it could be spam to no avail ….confused

KIP.
      Participant

Have you tried contacting these companies directly? I just write across mail like this “not at this address return to sender”.

Worrywart
      Participant

i haven’t contacted the companies as yet …i guess i was just wondering whether spam could do something like this

Had.enough
      Participant

I have not had this happen to me but I know that you can contact the companies and they can probably assist you in finding out when the plan was applied for. If they could give you the IP address (the form most likely was filled out electronically) that would be of assistance to you. It is strange you are getting spam related to funerals. Is that a hidden threat if it is him? Stay safe. I would ring up the companies. Say your fears that it could be him. I hope you get answers.

Worrywart
      Participant

hi had enough ….yes its strange the worry is its for funerals ….hope it is spam

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content