Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Serenity
      Participant

There are so many brave ladies on here, past and present, who – despite basically being peace-loving souls who hate confrontation – have fought to expose and speak out about abuse.

It’s so important that we keep doing this, if not for ourselves but for future generations.

Of course, certain people and organisations will try to silence us. But we must keep fighting for the good.

I saw a quote today that summed it up:

“You can never leave footprints that last if you are always walking on tiptoe.”

Borntobefree
      Participant

I’ve been fighting for so long
      To get justice I deserve.
      I was failed by the police ..but you know what I will keep speaking up I will not stay silent x

Freedomfighter
      Participant

Hi Serenity,
      I’ve been silent all my life, afraid I was imagining it, afraid that nobody would believe me, too ashamed, too afraid of what he will do when I finally leave etc
      Having said that I totally agree with you. I’ve suffered badly with mental health issues for most of my adult life too and rarely speak out about that either because I’ve had bad experiences when I have.
      The whole world of abuse and mental health issues are only able to exits because our abusers make us terrified people won’t believe us, combined with the prejudices and ignorance of the general public.
      You are totally right we do have to be braver and speak out, education and showing people what’s happening under their noses behind closed doors. It’s definitely the only way forward. I hope one day I can be strong enough and brave enough to stand by your side and shout out to the world that this has to stop. We have to make them change the systems which are heavily stacked against us with the men having the bigger slice of power and money in most cases.
      We are victimised and punished for being caring, honest and loyal women. Because we are naturally more gentle and fair, have a tendency to not want to hurt others. We generally prefer to help others not use them to get what we want, to get ahead in life. We lack that killer instinct these abusers have giving them the advantage. When I’m free I will endeavour to do all I can to help. I’m already feeling like you that I need to do something to stop this happening to others. I’m just not strong enough yet and struggling to keep going with my baby steps approach to leaving. When I’m free I promise to do anything in my power to help irradiate this disease which is so deep rooted in our society. I’m with you a 100% This has to stop!

Ayanna
      Participant

I want to make a demonstration because I am so tired of all the s**t around me.

Borntobefree
      Participant

I would love to sit in room.full of officers and educate them all domestic abuse because they victim blame it’s not right

Greyskydarkdays
      Participant

i matter, my life matters
      That’s my quote, I say it a lot lately it’s my voice from within standing up for myself

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content