Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Iwantmeback
      Participant

Omg i am speechless. My oh has jyst accused me of messing with his head so much he, HE cant think straight. He’s this close to killing himself, he can’t take how I’m treating him anymore.
      You diffuse by laughing right, nooooo. That’s going to make him explode and lose the f*****g plot.
      But i can’t help it nervous hysterics but im speechless

Flowerchild
      Participant

Projecting. Hear it as a confession of what he knows he’s trying to do to you. If you listen, they’ll tell you everything, dressed up as blame for you.

Flower x

Poodlepower
      Participant

My partner used to tell me that his ex would trap him in rooms, keep him prisoner and that he developed Stickholme Syndrome. Those are all this things he did to me! Was he showing awareness of wag the was doing? I really can’t imagine her trapping him in rooms , he was a big powerful man and he had a volcanic temper.

itwillbeokay
      Participant

I used to have to stifle and cover up nervous hysterics too, I couldn’t understand why on earth I was laughing so it’s interesting to read you saying that, such a similarity.

xx

lover of no contact
      Participant

Yes I had the nervous laugh thing too.

Iwantmeback
      Participant

@Itwillbeokay, the thing is I’ve never been like that in my life. You know someone who laughs at accidents or funerals. Beginning to worry i may become uncontrollably hysterical in the future., meanwhile hes battering lumps out of me while i do it🤣🤣 at least ive still got my sense of humour even if its popping up at the most inopportune moments😄 wonder if that could be counted as a blessing🤔🤔

We certainly find comfort and solace in the weirdest places

IWMB 💕💕

KIP.
      Participant

I laughed during the final assault. It’s our brain trying to distract us from terror. If we physically laugh then our brains are fooled into thinking it’s not that bad. That’s how traumatised we are. We have no control. And yes it made things worse. You deserve better. Please get your Injuries photographed and recorded by your GP. Report the assault. Get the help you need and deserve. Once you speak out there is lots of help out there. Abusers thrive on our silence.

Flowerchild
      Participant

That sort of laughter is a normal response to a powerful threat. It’s a gesture of submission designed to deflect attack. If you respond in that way, it means your mind and body both feel your life is in danger. It doesn’t mean you’re mad and it doesn’t mean you’re finding the situation amusing, either.

It is a signal that you need to get yourself safe, though.

Good luck,

Flower x

Iwantmeback
        Participant

S..t @Flowerchild, that is indeed messed up. A defence technique, I’d never have associated it with that. Wow
        💕💕

Anonymous
      Inactive

My goodness I’m shocked reading this because in any arguement I have now since I was his victim I smirk, laugh or blurt out Freudian slips. I honestly thought it was just my personality.you know gaining knowledge like this is like lifting a weight of your shoulders ☺

Thank you ladies 💕💕

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content