Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      IWillBeHappy
      Participant

Hi all

Does anyone know if I have to attend family court if the ex is going to be there, when there is a stalking protection order in place? Basically means no contact even by a 3rd party. The thought of having to hear his voice is just freaking me out. surely attending something like this defeats the object of having such an order in first place?

Many thanks x

diymum@1
      Participant

If you are in England no you will be in a separate room. In Scotland your in the same room – I didn’t have a stalking order so if it’s Scotland you could call the procurator fiscal that’s dealing with the case xx

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi there IWillbehappy, it is understandable that you are concerned about this, particularly as they are such new orders. I would encourage you to seek as much support and guidance as you can to help guide you. Rights of Women have a family law advice line, they should be able to advise you.

As Diymum has already mentioned, you should feel safe the court if you have to attend, things like separate entrances and exits and a safe waiting area for you should be available, I would encourage you to contact the court for guidance. If you are not already in touch with them you could get some support through your local domestic abuse service, they will understand how difficult the family court process can be for survivors

Best wishes

Lisa

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content