Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      ultimatelyStrong
      Participant

I’m sorry I’m posting so much for help at the minute. I was wondering if anyone has made an application for spousal support when going through a divorce? Does the court look at the respondents bank statements?

My ex hides money which I won’t explain here as it’s so complicated but one look at his bank statements would show what he’s been doing. I get barely anything in child support and I never will thanks to the child support agency relying solely on hmrc records. So I want to apply for spousal support. I’ll ask my solicitor about it but I don’t like going in blind when I ask her things. Thanks in advance x

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi UltimatelyStrong,

If you feel you could use a second opinion on any legal matters you can try calling the free legal advice service Rights of Women.
      Also, it sounds like you may be experiencing financial abuse. The DAME (Domestic Abuse, Money & Education) Project 01323 635 987 or dame-referrals@moneyadviceplus.com can give you advice and possibly support regarding the financial abuse from your perpetrator.
      Surviving Economic Abuse (SEA) is an organisation sharing knowledge, resources and information on best practice and research and raise awareness around domestic abuse. Their website includes lots of resources and guides for women experiencing financial abuse. https://survivingeconomicabuse.org/
      The National Debt Line gives information and advice on debt; including bank, credit card, finance, mortgage arrears, council tax, hire purchase and utility debts. Issues dealt with include county court, refusal of credit, bank charges, harassment, housing and homelessness and bailiffs. The National Debt line is able to signpost callers, make referrals and can be contacted on 0808 808 4000, 9am – 9pm Mon – Fri, and 9.30am – 1pm Sat, http://www.nationaldebtline.co.uk/.
      I hope this helps.

Lisa

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content