Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Iwon
      Participant

For years when I was married I used to pray to this saint to help me survive or escape somehow. Clearly a sign it wasn’t the best relationship!

One day after we had left and he was making the divorce as awful as pooible I was driving yo work praying that God would help me or help him to see sense so we could all move on and be happy. Thus is when I still believed he was mentally ill and needed help.

I suddenly thought while praying maybe he could die because that’s the only way out.. or I did or get killed

He was stalking me at the time. He tried to ram me with his car twice.

A few weeks àfter he had a stroke. Not a bad dying stroke but enough to slow him down a bit on me.

And I actually laughed. Me Mrs nice. Care about anyone and everyone and I was so relieved he had a stroke.

I gave written in positive posts because it made me think and see finally how trapped imprisoned and terrified of him I was that the only way I could see of escaping was death.

I am fine now by the way and did divorce him.

I think he had a stroke then because I had took him on financially in court and I fought back and had him thrown out the house during divorce because of his abuse.

Me standing up to him felt to him like the washing machine turning around and saying I am sick of you using me and want out!

He saw me as such a non person. An object that he really could not get his head around me arguing back.

I did ok financially in the divorce. He was forced to pay child support for a few years. We got a nice little home.

I look back now and it terrifies me for the girl I was then. How I trusted such a vile person. Xx

KIP.
      Participant

I read once ‘abusers dont have a problem with their own anger, they have a problem with ours’
      That’s probably what gave him a stroke.
      Well done you for being angry back. Something I was too scared to do whilst in the relationship. But boy did I make up for it afterwards.
      I did ok out of the divorce too. Only because I fought every step of the way. He would have left us with nothing and his son and I homeless.
      I wish he would have a stroke but it will probably be the alcohol that beats the stroke to it. Fingers crossed.
      I too used to pray he would be killed on one of his trips away or someone would get him at work. He had a dangerous job. It’s incredible how we lived. I recently had a diagnosis of Stockholm syndrome. Eye watering dysfunction. Glad we are both on the way to a much better life x

well done st jude.
      I have consistently prayed to St. Rita – which might be something to consider for some of us.
      St Rita is patron saint of the impossible (yes, really, google it).
      As far as I can see everything I have done in the past decade has been impossible.
      I believe she has helped me a lot…

I understand she is also the patron saint of abused women…
      ftc
      x

Iwon
      Participant

Loved both your posts. I also think now how I survived with our child was impossible. A miracle.

Kip love your posts. So inspiring. Why are all abusers so desperate to destroy us financially? I well done to both of you. We are the survivors xxxx

thanks iwon
      x

brokenputty
      Participant

I found myself wishing mine would get killed by his dealer but no such luck. They seem to be like cats with 9 lives!

Iwon
      Participant

My ex was a (detail removed by moderator) who was always owing money to people and used to carry a baseball bat all the time. Horrible little midget. I used to not so much wish but think the law of averages is so many people he owes money to someone will get him.

Funnily enough he always
      Payed the scary people. It was only the single mothers and old ladies he never paid.

Guess that’s what bullies do. X

anotherlife
      Participant

Hi iwon. I think they know exactly what they’re doing. Mine can’t control his temper & has askedke to help but he needs professional help if anything! They don’t care about us & they love the control and power. Mine is ok if he gets his way all the time,No one answers back or has an opinion & thinks he’s wonderful….!!!!

I’m glad to hear you are getting sorted. I hope I can have a nice home one day. It gives me hope hearing things like that.
      I didn’t know about those saints, I will definitely look them up. I’m not one for religion but praying to a saint may give me a little strength. Thank you ladies & stay as strong as you can x

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content