Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      BlueEyesx
      Participant

I saw my ex the other day the first time since I left him. Ever since then I’ve feel really low, emotional and I don’t know how to handle my feelings. I’ve recently met someone new who is completely lovely to me, but I feel like I can’t give my all to him.. I can’t shake this feeling I have now and it’s horrible. Am I always going to feel like this ?! 🙁

KIP.
      Participant

Seeing your ex will have triggered lots of feelings. It’s important for recovery that you have zero contact. It takes time and you need to work on yourself to keep on the recovery path. Have you had some counselling? Let your feelings wash over you. Accept them and let them go. They will pass. Be kind to yourself and practice self care. We move on from these men but sadly we are left with the trauma to deal with.

BlueEyesx
      Participant

Thank you for your reply.
      I have had 0 contact with him since I left him. I have my own place again, my friendship group back and I am proud of myself. I just feel like I’ve got to rock bottom again because I saw him. And have had a bad emotional weekend since I saw him. I think I feel like he has won as he has the house we shared and I feel like he walks around not giving a d**n like nothing happened. I am really trying to overcome this low mood, it’s very hard x

Anonymous
      Inactive

He doesn’t give a d**n because he only cares about himself. He broke your heart, so your feelings are natural. You know you’re better off without him though right? I think sometimes we just miss the wonderful person they were when we first met, but that person was never real. Look forward. Never look back. Remember how far you’ve come x

BlueEyesx
      Participant

Yeah I do know I’m so much better off without him. I have come so far and I do tell myself that a lot. I do think that I maybe thought I’d feel a lot different by leaving and I sometimes don’t. I don’t know what I expected really but I do feel numb a lot of the time and wonder if I will ever be able to feel relaxed again properly. I’m hoping the old saying is right.. times a healer x

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content