Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      iwillbeok
      Participant

I’m getting the ball rolling (finally!) with divorcing my abusive ex! Such a roller coaster of emotions – elation, relief, guilt, fear, uncertainty!

I need to prepare the statement of unreasonable behavior. How do you sum up x years of an unequal, increasingly miserable, controlling, and in the end sexually abusive, marriage in justa few paragraphs?! I know the notes say to put the worst/most recent behavior. But what about the background that gets you to the place where he thinks he can get away with such behaviour and that you will accept it (and actually do for a while as you are in shock and think it will just blow over!). It reads like he just snapped overnight…

Amaguq
      Participant

Hi Iwillbeok,
      I do hope someone can help you because I will I be in your situation and it will be interesting to know.
      Physical Abuse, Emotional Abuse, Financial Abuse, Sexual Abuse will be my reply when I am at that stage, do we have to go through every detail? I sincerely hope not! surely they should cover all the gory details.

Best of luck hugggggsssssss xx

maddog
      Participant

Oh dear. (detail removed by Moderator) As always the one who needs to be in control. Since I met him decades ago, he controlled sex (what was I thinking? doh!) He has called me any horrible thing under the sun he can think of. He has punched me. He has moved picked up bits of me and placed them on bits of him for sexual reasons. So many times. He has slated my friends and family. He has threatened to start a fight with my family. He has tried to start a fight with employees of family. He has had more rages than I can count, marched out, been horrible about one of my daughters. The list goes on and on and on. And he thinks I’m unreasonable. Ho hum.At least the process has begun. And need to get it going. Sometimes it’s such a lonely place and I have no idea what I’m doing, crashing around, phoning people in panic. Well done Iwillbeok for getting the process started!

iwillbeok
        Participant

Hi Amaquk and maddog, sorry to hear you have gone through same/similar situation x
        That was one of my fears, maddog, that got me moving – that he might set process in motion 1st! When reading up that in order to divorce in my country of nationality i would have had to wait year plus 1 day of separation, AND its no fault!! Bless the UK!

(detail removed by Moderator) The worst/ latest unbelievable, i mean unreasonable, behaviour (sexual assaults) plus another about isolating me from family & friends just for good measure.

Good luck in your dealings ladies. I’m just waiting now for the s**t to hit the fan. It’s like I’m sitting on a time bomb. Its been so quiet and strangely too easy that I worry what opening this can of worms will do…

Ayanna
      Participant

I wrote a book for the divorce. I hope the judges found the stories entertaining.

I recently read what I wrote and tried to read it as someone who is a stranger to the situation.
      If I was a judge I would think that man is a complete n*****e and should be deported to a remote island.

Confused123
      Participant

HI Hun

I just wrote a a time line of events , bold the most horrific one then let my solicitor word for me, could u get some one to help u otherwise

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content