Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Kitkat44
      Participant

I’m feeling torn, I could try and get a place nearby so my children can stay at their schools Or start again somewhere new?
      I worry that changing everything could be too much but also see a new place as a true fresh start and I could be near my brother.
      Any advice from those who have taken the leap and got out?

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi Kitkat44

That sounds like a really difficult decision. Your safety is the most important thing so try and bare that in mind when deciding. You could try writing a pros and cons list to help you. It does sound nice to be near your brother so then you have support around you.

Good luck, I am sure you will make the right decision.

Take care and keep posting,

Lisa

Wants To Help
      Participant

Hi kitkat,

For me, this would depend on a number of factors.

Does your ex have contact with the children or not? If he does, how would it impact on you if you had to drive a certain distance or length of time for handovers?

Are your children in primary or senior school? If senior school, how close are they to taking exams?

Do you have long standing friendships where you currently live? If so, would moving away impact on that and how often you would see friends?

Moving to be near a family member is good if they are going to be an active support network and a positive male role model to your children on a regular basis. Moving near to him just to be around him every so often, or for ’emergency’ situations, perhaps not so important?

New starts are positive things for some people and feared by others. You need to weigh up what is best for you and your children and go for that option.

Kitkat44
      Participant

Thank you for you replies definitely will do a pros and cons for each x

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content