Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      coloda123
      Participant

I managed to escape my abusive ex partner and stay in the family home with my children. We are currently (detail removed by Moderator). I am being completely fair in regards to contact but can’t help but feel all he is trying to do is regain control of me through the children. (detail removed by Moderator) the whole thing is completely terrifying. I’m starting to think that although I’m away from him the abuse will never stop. Any advice please?

Cantmakedecisons
      Participant

Hey well done for escaping, or at least saying enough is enough. I’m afraid that sometimes you have to reinforce that decision with other measures because he certainly will use anything and everything to maintain control over you. Did you get an occupation order, restraining order? Maybe speaking with woman’s aid can help you put some of those things in place.

You’re being fair with contact but know that he won’t be.. your a nice person and are replying on him being the same – his not!

You have to put you and your children first now and really send the message that he is not allowed or cannot control your lives.

Sending hugs and strength x

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content