Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Worrywart
      Participant

Hello ladies …iv’e been out for weeks now and just lately i have been having this strange feeling like i’m disconnected its the only way i can describe it its like i’m here …but i’m not …do you get what i mean …is this normal? x

KIP.
      Participant

Dissociation is a mental process that causes a lack of connection in a person’s thoughts, memory and sense of identity. Dissociation seems to fall on a continuum of severity.

I had this for years to varying degrees. Sometimes feels like I’m out of my body. Or sometimes it’s sitting there staring for ages disconnected. Mine comes from trauma so sounds like it’s the same for you. Sadly normal but once you know what’s causing it/caused it, less of a worry. That’s why I try to f8nd out as much as I can about the effects of trauma. The not knowing if it was normal caused even more anxiety. Abuse and trauma are the gifts that just keep in giving💕 be kind to yourself and seek out some good counselling x

Worrywart
      Participant

Thanks KIP x

fizzylem
      Participant

Yeah I get this; it’s kind of like I’m not in my body, also that I am only in my head, but head feels strange, like my brain won’t run properly. It’s a bit like the sensation of being in a dream only I’m awake. Not sure how quick my reaction response is – feels slower. It effects all my senses, even my eyes feel strange, like hayfever only it’s not hayfever, it’s very odd, I’ve learnt to live with it. For me it’s stress related, prolonged stress and distress due to feeling trapped in the situation and still being the target of abuse. Although we sepearted years ago, have felt stuck in it due to shared custody x

KIP.
      Participant

I’ve heard it called ‘3am head’. Like when you wake and are tired slightly disoriented and not quite in sync. Makes it difficult to concentrate. I’ve found my self slapping my own face or biting my arm to try to bring me back to fully alert. I also often drive and can’t remember the journey at all.

fizzylem
        Participant

Yes thinks that’s a good way to describe it, 3am head, it’s like not feeling fully awake for sure; I can very rarely retrace my tracks x

fizzylem
      Participant

Just been watching some stuff on youtube about a chinese ritual, drinking water every day as soon as you wake up; apparantly this is common practice in China and may be why alot of the chinese seem to have such young vibrant skin, appear young for longer and are often slim as it helps set your metabolism as well. People who have done it say their dull skin brightens, complexion improves and their energy levels rise. Thinking I’ll try it.

All you have to do is drink a glass of water when you wake, then no food for 45 mins; it should be 4 glasses; but says just start with one and build it up – I’m guessing that each of us would be slightly different regarding what it is we actually need. Cant see me getting to 4 glasses, but maybe 2 large ones? Worth a try hey x

KIP.
      Participant

Hydrating generally improves everything as we are mostly made up of water anyway. Keep a bottle next to you and keep sipping. See if it makes a difference. We also lose lots of water overnight so it’s a good idea to hydrate in the morning. Some people often drink before bed but it would just make me want to pee lol x

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content