Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

As a parent is it normal to go to a child’s annual review and keep going on about stranger danger? And, not for the first time. I mean an amount of reviews/TAC meetings? Or would a normal, rational person think… hang on this person is trying too hard?

(Be it, it is said that dangerous parents will push stranger danger to get child to put more trust in them)

Twisted Sister
      Participant

Dear tysonsfurry

Children need to be also made aware that behaviours from close family can be the ‘danger’ as this is true for the vast majority of incidents.

I fail to see how ‘stranger danger’ is relevant t a child review meeting (do you mean school teacher parent updates?).

Yes, certainly scaring children about ‘others’ can serve to make them more outwardly fearful and clingy.

I would think th teachers would also find it odd.

Protect your child by being clear about safe boundaries. That they can tell many people about upsetting behaviours from adults and unsafe secrets.

Make sure they can count up to five safe contacts on their fingers…teacher, and mum, ad gp, etc trusted friend/family. Identify each and who to go to first.

Warmest wishes

TS

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content