Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Bubblegum
      Participant

Hi Ladies .Just needed some advice regarding a friend of mine .She has been with her partner couple years everything seemed ok .Handsome pleasant to talk to a bit longer tho has no family living near by or no friends opposite to my social butterfly friend .Anyway she went away for a couple days they had argued before hand .She has couple animals just recently got another new pet for her child .He wasn’t overly fussed animals.When she got back home she discovered One animals was missing she finally found her animal had been strangled killed thrown over her fence .He can’t remember anything although he later said he was acting self defence but had not fully admitted to doing anything animal but there is a lot evidence pointing to the fact he has done it .The RSPCc are looking into it but there first thoughts the animal has been strangled .Frirhd seems to think he just snapped while drinking Weather annoyed animal etc killed animal .My friend is so upset they due to marry next year x*x

KIP.
      Participant

Tell her to run for the hills and never look back. Animal cruelty is high up the list of warning signs of extremely dangerous men. No excuses. We all know they never change. What worries me is how he is treating the other animals when no one is watching. My ex used to kick punch and throw my dog as a show a violence to keep control over me through fear. It wasn’t the drink that made him snap. He is responsible for that kind of behaviour. Please don’t let her blame the alcohol. Lots of people drink but don’t kill animals x

Bubblegum
      Participant

Thank you Kip you have confirmed my thoughts At moment my friend has said it’s definitely over between them but when she saw her partner today she fell to pieces over him .Her first husband was abusive so when she met her current partner she thought she’d finally met the man she could finally be happy with .x*x

KIP.
      Participant

She needs to go total no contact. These men are expert manipulators x no second chance for him.

Serenity
      Participant

How awful for your friend.

I agree with KIP: you can’t blame the drink. I think alcohol only shows someone’s real self all the more. Cruelty to animals is a massive red flag- like cruelty to children and the vulnerable.

I hope your friend can move on from this. With the right support, she can, though it might take a while. There are so many nasty men out there, it seems.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content