Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Free@lastxx
      Participant

Hi all I’m really struggling I left my partner and I’m still madly in love with him and feel so sad..I feel totally lost a suicidal hes not allowed to contact me coz his bail conditions but his mates tell me hes still madly inlove with me is now getting help. I want him back but I don’t no what to expect or if it’s right…I’m worried he might be playing me to get off the hook. Iv got my dad pressuring me to stand by my charges and inside I dont want to as I still love him. I’m so lost and need so advise badly.

Put the kettle on
      Participant

Well done on leaving, that took a lot of courage. Have you contacted your doctor, they might be able to help if you’re feeling low also you can call women’s aid, Samaritans.

I took my abusive partner back – it got worse quickly. He promised me things would be different this time, he’s changed, he’s got help. All bs. I dropped charges. He was much worse.

Have you got things you can do for yourself like a favourite TV show or a hobby? Writing out how you feel can be helpful too.

Do you have any friends or family you can talk to?

It’s not easy but no contact with him is the way to go.

Keep posting, you’ve done so well to leave. Remember why you left not why you stayed

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi Free@lastxx

I just wanted to show you some support. I can see that Put the kettle on has already given you some really good advice. If you are feeling suicidal, please contact your GP or Samaritans.

I know it must be difficult hearing from his friends, maybe you could cut contact with them as well as him, as this is not helping the situation. It is not very likely that he would have changed in anyway at all, sounds like he is just saying this to try and get you to change your mind.

Keep posting as we are all here for you,

Lisa

Free@lastxx
      Participant

Thank you to both of you for your replies..if been intouch with my gp who has given me the numbers of the emergency mental health team and well being hub…putthekettleon when u dropped the charges and took him back did you have kids in the house? I was told even if I wanted to give it another go social services would beable to take my kids into care is this right? X

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content