Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Inneedofsomepeace
      Participant

I don’t know what has happened, I feel so low. I don’t want to go out or see people. Since the children are off school I have no reason to go out or get dressed. I just want to hide and cry. I thought I would be’over’ him now thought I would have forgotten what he did to me. There is so much happening at the same time it has completely overwhelmed me, I feel like I’m sinking fast than the titanic! Everyone keeps telling me not to worry about him coming out of prison it just makes me want to scream I am convinced he’ll come looking for me. I am convinced he is going to be so angry with me for putting him in prison, he’s going to want revenge. I don’t know what to think anymore. Sorry.

tryingtoswim
      Participant

Hiya

How you feeling today? Have you given the helpline a ring? Are there things in place to protect you for when he comes out? It may be worth getting a restraining order out on him so he cant come near you when he is released? Also maybe think about getting in touch with your DV police officer and see if you can have panic alarms put in or at least a marker on your phone so if you dial 999 they know it has to take priority.

I think you are right to be cautious so best to get measures in place before he os released – it will give you a little bit of comfort.

xx

Inneedofsomepeace
      Participant

I have a restraining order in place. But up to now it doesn’t seem to bother him he has already been charged with breaching it several times. I need to sit with my workers and have a good talk with my workers. It’s all so overwhelming

Ayanna
      Participant

Oh hun! You know him best and your fear is very valid.
      These men really come looking for us. The ex abuser is on a bike exploring all of the vast city and he happened to come to my area. He once got a postcode when I had the solicitor for the divorce. I saw him on the bike. I can only hope he did not see me as I was walking on the street.
      I always look behind my back and I explore my surroundings very carefully at all times. I am always on high alert.
      I have an alarm, but that will not help if he attacks me. I go the gym now to build muscles.
      Always aim for the balls. If he should attack you, whatever he does, you need to go for the balls and hurt him there, then you can run away easily. We need to defend ourselves. This system does not defend us. They make fun of us and when we get killed they have all kinds of stupid excuses.

Inneedofsomepeace
      Participant

I thought I was just being irrational

godschild
      Participant

Of course yo are not being irrational, He probably said thing like that to you like mine does, you need help and support and to knwow you are as secure as you can be x

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content