Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      theneverendingstory
      Participant

Hi Ladies

I used to post on this forum a long time ago and with not having direct contact with my husband, attending counselling etc I managed to cope better.

Court finally finished this year and I felt I could start a new chapter. Now though my ex is appealing crucial parts of the court order again and the nightmare continues. I have tried to stay positive but it is proving very hard. My daughter is very young so they do not seem to take any notice of her wants and needs just those of my ex. I know I have to keep fighting but I am just existing and not living.

My ex has played up a lot over Christmas and it seems every bit of power he gets just keeps making him worse. He wants to have direct contact with me I have said no yet he still manages to get to me. I am still scared of him too.

Sorry just needed to tell someone who understands. It feels there is very little support out there for me other than women’s aid and I am being left to cope with the effect of new contact arrangements on my daughter with no support.

(Detail removed by moderator)

xx

White Rose
      Participant

Hi
      Sounds tough.
      Do you have someone from local women’s aid centre who can help? Some areas offer an individual worker as support. If he’s going against court orders is this something police domestic abuse team can help with? I have a named police officer who i can turn to for practical advice relating to ongoing harassment etc.
      Keep doing what you’re doing and keep no contact xx

Falling Skys
      Participant

Hi Theneverendingstory,

Big Hugs will they ever stop….. of course the solicitors are shut to the fourth they are so clever at picking there moments….

Im sure Im teaching you to suck eggs but I write everything down so there is documentation.

I also see that a new law has come out today for victims of domestic abuse, that may give you more rights.

I agree with White Rose, I have a support worker from the WA which I can run things through, also I have a Marac, and a name police officer which if you don’t have is well worth getting.

All I can say is your doing all the right things xx

theneverendingstory
      Participant

Thank you both for the kind words. I have a wonderful WA support worker but am medium risk so don’t meet MARAC criteria. HV not been in contact me for over two years either so thank god for children’s centres and WA.

I am going to speak to the police as you suggest. dd who is only very young gets very distressed about seeing her dad it’s heartbreaking.

It’s hard because people keep sAying i should see him, do handovers etc but I really don’t think I can cope with that xx

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content