Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      SilkyHalide
      Participant

I’m really finding it tough
      How can someone you loved and spent so many years with be so cruel and heartless
      Yes I gave up on us but I don’t deserve to lose my children or have my nose rubbed in the fact that you are so superior to me that our children “choose” to be with you 24/7. That I am so hated that they don’t want to see me! That the only way you will allow reconciliation is via you their knight and protector.
      I’m not your mother, stop reflecting your anger towards her at me!!

I want to get off this roundabout before it kills me.

KIP.
      Participant

Hi there, it’s not that he’s superior it’s the opposite. He is prepared to bully, manipulate, brainwash and use his children to his own benefit. As mothers we will always put our children first. Play the long game and don’t give up. This will be my first Christmas since my son took his fathers side and did something unforgivable. Only because of the pressure his father put on him. Are you in touch with rights for women? Do you have support from women’s aid and NSPCC. I’m going to invite my son to come to my house on Christmas Day as I have done every year since he was born. The choice to come will be his. Either way I’m giving him the freedom to choose X I’m not looking forward to Christmas but I will try to change my frame of mind. I have family and friends and will try to see the positive side X

godschild
      Participant

Hi, abuse fractures families, ive been through a lot with my children but the past couple of months things have improved a lot, so dont give up hope, hopefully one day they will see the truth and want to be with you, he will stumble and they will see it, take care hugs xxxx

Falling Skys
      Participant

Hi SH

My abuser has turn both our children against me, I know your pain.

As we know its easier to side with the Bully than the Victim, hopefully in the end they will see him for what he is.

But what you need to do for your sanity is make a plan for yourself for Christmas. I know its hard but think what you like most what you enjoy and do it.

This isn’t my first year, it was different and I had fun it was quieter than normal, but I didn’t spend it on broken glass waiting for the annual argument.

Look at as the start of new traditions and who knows one day our children may come back, but I am now at the point I don’t want them near me they have been so cruel.

FS xx

SilkyHalide
      Participant

Thanks lovelies
      I’ve determined to be better tomorrow. I’ve been feeling sorry for myself, grief only those who have felt it understand, so I’m allowed a few days of shut down.
      I know he’s not superior it’s just sickening he has to hurt me and the children to try and convince me he is.
      Yes I will now make plans.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content