Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Sparkle1
      Participant

I went out tonight with my friends & just felt like I didn’t fit in anymore found myself feeling sad about my ex and almost wanting to go back to the saftey of not facing real life 🙁 I’m home now but just feel so confused about my emotions I thought I would feel different and free but I just feel sad inside & miss his affection is this a normal emotion after living such a controlled life ? x*x

Confused123
      Participant

Hi Hun

Think it’s about getting used to actually being allowed to go out , it will get better in time , we were controlled for so well , we need to learn to relax again and enjoy ourselves as your confidence come bk it will get better

Sparkle1
      Participant

Thanks Confused123 for your reply I just hate feeling so up and down xx

Starmoon
      Participant

I know exactly how you’re feeling… I had the opertunity to go out with friends tonight- my mum offered to babysit. Initially I was excited but anxiety got the better of me. I was scared he’d find out id gone out and started playing over things he’d say to me if I did go out. When we were together it became easier not to go- even though he never directly said I couldn’t, he had a way of making me feel bad about it and arguments escalated. I didn’t make it out in the end tonight. Xx

Savingmyself
      Participant

Hey Sparlke
      It will not always feel like that it’s very early days for you
      Please be gentle with your self
      Big hugs xx

Confused123
      Participant

Hey HUn

See it as part of recovery process as u rediscover yourself, again we will have high and low days again its part of understanding ourselves , its not nice i know

SilkyHalide
      Participant

I’m finding meditation and “law of attraction” very helpful.
      I’m a sceptic really but I pushed myself to keep open minded.

Falling Skys
      Participant

Hi Sparkle1

How brave to go out with friends in the evening. If its any comfort when I went out last (and it wasn’t the drink) I was so stressed I fainted and vomited over myself.

We know we are better off without them but we still miss them when they were at there best.

Reading your topic has given me the strength to go out in the evening again.

FS xx

Sparkle1
      Participant

Thank you for all your replies, I think I just need to give myself time I really wanted to feel myself again after getting out and show my friends and family that I am getting back to normal life but it just hasn’t been that easy its the damage your still left with after they’ve gone that makes you realise what they have put you through but I am still going strong I’m back at work and have made no contact even at times where I wanted to because its all you’ve known, I just keep having a word with myself and reminding myself that it will get better in time xx

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content