Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Hi@today
      Participant

I left the relationship in (detail removed by moderator) but foolishly returned (detail removed by moderator). Things have gone right back to how they were before. Local housing have refused my application because I havnt been back home for 12 months or more. I’m starting to panic that me and my children will be stuck. I can’t afford private rent prices. Can they do this?

Wants To Help
      Participant

Hi there,

To my knowledge, if you are leaving an abusive relationship then the Local Housing Authority do have a duty of care to help you, however, they need proof of the domestic abuse, usually by way of referrals from the Police or DA Services. If things are bad have you considered going to a refuge?

When you say you haven’t been home for 12 months, do you mean home in the UK (having returned from abroad) or back to your address you share with your partner? Regardless of this, it should not apply if you are suffering physical abuse.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content