Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Eggshells
      Participant

I went in to the house and got my stuff and some items of furniture that I need for storage so I’m sort of out; we’ll still be working together with him as my boss.

My oldest son came round yesterday. He was very cross at the way I had gone about moving out. His Dad seemed to be in shock and my son felt that I should have discussed it with his Dad and negotiated what I would take. I think his Dad thought he was getting the house and that he would just be able to keep everything in it whilst I struggled with nothing in a tiny rented house that I’ll be sharing with a complete stranger.

I told him everything and explained why I couldn’t have discussed it with his Dad. He went away in a very different mood and sent me a message last night telling me that he totally understood where I was coming from.

However, I woke up this morning after 5 hours of sleep with that horrible, crashing panic.

Their Dad has clearly been working on them and will continue to do so! My sons mean everything to me. They are my world. If he turns them against me I’ll feel like I’ve lost everything.

I feel sick to my stomach.

Escapee
      Participant

Hey Eggshells,

Your sons love you, they will not turn on you. For your eldest to feel that he could come to you and discuss his concerns shows what a good relationship you have with them; he also listened to your side and balanced it all out in his head – a wise, sensible lad.
      And no doubt, they will have been witness to some of the c*** you’ve endured over the years. They may be sad that you’re no longer together but they’ll get it.
      Sending you love and hugs.

Eggshells
      Participant

Thank you so much Escapee. Your words were a real comfort. I’ve been int ouch with him (detail removed by moderator) and all seems well. xx

Escapee
      Participant

I so pleased I could help in a little way. It sounds like we are both at the beginning of our journey and it’s certainly tough and hurts like hell. Keep strong you lovely lady xx

KIP.
      Participant

He is already using his son as a flying monkey. Be very careful how this plays out. He will poison your children against you. Use them in whatever way he can. He had no right discussing this with your son. This is how it began with me. They make things so difficult for the children to side with you. They bully, manipulate and especially bribe. He wants them on his side totally. He wants the control.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content